Saturday, June 25, 2011

Amazon Next to Veto Make Money Online?


Hi everyone! I can see it coming. I read a thread in the Warrior Forum about how the Kindle eBook self publishing business is getting clogged with Spam and it made me think – forecast – predict – they’re going to shut down the make money online niche, I bet. Maybe not have any titles teaching people to make money online.

And it wouldn’t just affect the MMO niche. It could extend to all sorts of niches like weight loss, dating, and some health topics (just like Squidoo). My prediction is that not only may they ban one topic (MMO), but the others could have STRICT and thorough publishing guidelines from now on, almost like a traditional publisher – virtually impossible to get done without severe credentials and an agent.

I could be wrong. It MAY have happened before in my lifetime (lol).

Reuters had a news story on it and warned about the massive amount of PLR swarming the Kindle marketplace, too. Now this doesn’t mean quality is bad, but as we all know, many PLR products ARE crappy quality. Not mine, of course. lol. But it wouldn’t be good for a customer to buy 3 titles that happen to have different names, but are the same 3 eBooks.

I just have this awful feeling that not ONLY is Amazon going to start charging for the self publishing on Kindle, but they’re also going to get fed up with the Make Money Online niche. The Reuters article went so far as to name and shame a course teaching something like that apparently. I don’t own the course.

What pisses ME off is that good self publishers, like me, you and others, are going to be the baby with the bathwater again. Maybe I should change all my business branding to reflect my new logo:


I’m just thinking aloud. I’ll still have my own eBook sites of course. And I haven’t dabbled MUCH in Kindle, but I was going to – especially as I wrap up my review of Instant Authority Program later. But perhaps I’ll sit back and wait a bit and see how it all pans out. Continue building on MY domain instead.

What else I noticed in this article is that people are stealing other people’s work and putting it on Kindle as their own. Damn thieves. Nothing worse than a thief IMO. Lazy, greedy, selfish. I hope those of you who find yourselves impacted by this type of theft USE the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center. It works!

I think many people engage in this shady behavior because they’re desperate for money and think since they’re not out in public possibly on a video cam, they can get away with it. I’m of the mind that we should crack down HARD on this stuff when we see it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment